We all know that setting goals is a great way to develop as they provide the motivation you need to suck it up and grit your teeth. So, if you are less than happy with your overall health and fitness, here are a few realistic targets that you can set to help you improve your physical health.
- Create a balanced diet and stick to it – If we are honest with ourselves, there are always some aspects of our diet that we know are bad for our health, and it isn’t too late to do something about that in 2020. Check out St Catharines natural online health food store, where you can buy a wide range of health products, including daily supplements and organic dried produce. You do need a level of self-discipline to cut out the harmful aspects of your diet, as these are usually the things we like, yet your health is the most important aspect of your life. However, with the help of supplements like Gundry MD MCT Wellness, giving your body the nutrition it needs to function as normal, or even give things you feel you struggle with a little extra support, is now easier than ever.
- Setting a Weight-Loss Target – If you’re overweight, then calculate a weight that you would like to be within a specific frame of time, and be realistic with your goal-setting. This can only be achieved with a suitable exercise regime and a balanced diet, and once you have set your target, you must remain focused and check your progress daily. Some people like to stick reminders around the home, which is one way to ensure that you don’t fall short.
- Everything in Moderation – If you make a decision that moderation is the path to take, this will help you to stay healthy. Of course, if you smoke, quitting should be one of your goals. Alcohol consumption should be closely monitored, thus avoiding drinking to excess. A glass of wine with your evening meal is a good idea, as this will be beneficial to your overall health. Also, there is a guideline regarding the number of alcohol units you can drink per day, which you should check out as it is an enlightening read.
- Muscle Building & Toning – If you feel you could do with muscle building, this can be done in a few months if you have the right exercise and workout routine, while eating healthy foods in adequate amounts. If you have a local gym nearby, visit at least 3 times per week and if possible, buddy up with someone as you can both motivate each other when the muscle burning begins.
- Take Up Yoga – The eastern practice of yoga offers many benefits, as it combines physical, mental and spiritual development, and whether you are a housewife or a sports player, yoga will bring benefits to your life. All you need is a yoga mat, the right clothing and you can follow YouTube videos that demonstrate yoga for beginners.
It is important to set goals that are realistic and never lose sight of your targets, and many people reward themselves after achieving a goal, which might work for you.
I totally agree with all things listed , However , #1 finding diet and sticking to it , is the hardest for me.
These goals are wonderful as they are indeed achievable if we set our hearts and mind to it. Yoga is one thing I’m setting out to achieve soon. Thanks for a really good article.
Take up yoga is always a great option. it was always so beneficial for me. It goes in line with everything in moderation – it is such a moderate practice. I always feel like I am self-caring when I do yoga, unlike when I do some high intensity training, lol.
these are great achievable health goals for 2020 and there is still a lot of time in the year to tackle all of them. In particular finding a right balance of foods and becoming better at eating is really easy now since most of us are stuck at home anyways. Why not use this time to learn how to make better and healthier meals!
I really agree with the goals you shared and I’m trying to take up yoga for sure
I’ve had a hard time muscle building, If you could share some tips on it, I would appreciate it.
Love the ways. OKay let’s do this. Wish me luck because I am also in the journey of achieving a healthy life.
I also do that and I really enjoy doing Yoga every day and it helps me to develop strength, and it’s a good stretching exercise 🙂 It has a lot of health benefits. – knycx Journeying
Love the idea of small achievable goals rather than big lofty ones!
Setting a Weight-Loss Target is really hard for me, But I do agree that these points are really very important as they can make you healthy and keep you healthy!
I am working on the first 4 while on my weightloss journey. I have been taking beginner classes on yoga, but it might not be for me. I am going to give it a month to see if I like it.
It’s always good to set goal for us to achieve something. I’m thinking to do yoga as part of my self-care.
All very manageable pieces of health advice. I’d love to do more yoga too
Health goals are very important for sure. But every time I take on a health goal, I end up eating more. LOL.