Thinking of how to take your business to the next level? spreading the word about your business, increasing sales and conversion can all easily be achieved through the use of your social media platforms.
whatever it is that you do, whether it’s a catering service or an online boutique, Through social media campaigns and social media marketing you can achieve the goal of transforming your business and seeing a boost in sales.
if you’re wondering what exactly a social media campaign entails, here’s a little definition in the simplest terms.
what is a social media marketing campaign
A social media campaign is simply the use of one or more of your social media pages or platforms, like Facebook, Instagram or twitter to market/advertise your business. let’s not get started on the number of potential customers you could be missing out on if you’re a business owner with social media platforms and no knowledge on how to run a social media campaign.
Campaigns differ from everyday social media efforts because of their increased focus, targeting and measure-ability
An effective social media campaign idea can easily executed as long as your goals and objectives are defined and attainable. Before embarking on a social media campaign here are a few questions you need to ask yourself,
- what do i intend to achieve through this campaign? A good social media campaign ought to be targeted. Have a clear-cut understanding of what you hope to achieve through the campaign, whether it’s an increase in followership or a boost in sales, whatever it is , ensure that it is well thought-out and properly planned for.
- who are my target audience? Knowing who exactly you intend to reach out to with your campaigns is very vital to running a successful social media marketing campaign. What’s the age range of the people you are targeting, their Geo graphical location, their interest etc
- what tools do i have to measure and track the performance of my campaign? a successful social media marketing campaign ought to be properly tracked and measured, fortunately there are so many tools available on the various social media platforms for measuring performance and gaining insight to the performance of your campaign. Take advantage of these tools, it makes it easier for you to know what areas you need to improve on and the areas that have the best performance.
- what is the time-frame of this campaign? Set a specific time frame for the campaign. This makes for easy planning and running of a campaign.
what exactly do you intend to achieve through this campaign
Knowing what exactly you intend to achieve through the campaign, increases your chances of success by miles.
So ask yourself a couple of these questions. What do I intend to achieve through this marketing campaign, it could be any of these, all of it and much more.
- Getting feedback from users.
- Building email marketing lists
- Increasing website traffic
- Improving overall brand engagement
- Directly driving sales
- Increase in followership
- Brand awareness
social media campaign ideas to help boost your business
thinking of how to run social media campaigns in a creative and fun way, try running free promotions like a giveaway. giveaways are quite popular these days. This idea has proven to be quite effective in attracting and engaging existing and potential followers. People love freebies and whenever the opportunity to get some fancy Free stuff arises they won’t hesitate to grab the opportunity and even tell their friends and family about it.
All you need to run an effective ” giveaway” is a nice price, a creative way for people to enter the giveaway, terms and conditions which the contestants would have to adhere to. All this must be done with the underlying objective of increasing brand awareness.
Run a series:
give your followers something to always look forward to. A fun series that touches on matters that are of interest. It could be a Q &A session, a series where you share your personal experience,
knowledge, experiences and insight. Start a series where you have the opportunity to interact with your fans and followers where you get to ask them questions and provide and opportunity for them to air their concerns. You could also opt to share success stories or the personal challenges of people within the same industry as your brand, celebrities or random people, such sessions can be compelling, engaging and educative and entertaining for audiences and brands alike. Running a series is an amazing social media campaign idea for both startups and large business enterprises, it helps your brand to interact on a more personal basis with your audience, makes your brand appear more accessible and ultimately raises the awareness for your brand.
Create a unique brand identity.
There’s so much activity going on in the world of social media, it could really get hard trying to get the attention of your potential customers or followers. This is why in order to reach your desired social media marketing campaign goal you need to create a brand identity that is consistent and unique. Something that can easily be identified and accessed. Some people use specific brand colors to stand out, others stick with a very narrow/ specific niche so as to stand out from the numerous activities going on online. Whatever the case is ensure that your social media feed is visually appealing, compelling and clear.
Find ways to be appealing. people are attracted to creativity! It’s simply delightful. when running a social media marketing campaign ensure that your content is attractive and delightful.
Invest in Finding creative ways to delight your desired target audience and be consistent with This. make your followers feel good about themselves and about your organization. Create fun-filled compelling videos, take advantage of world events and holidays, to churn out entertaining and on-brand feeds.