According to a survey, upgrading the front entry with a steel door and replacing the garage door can increase the value of your property. However, not all renovations can add value, hence, it is important to choose the remodeling project very carefully irrespective of whether you plan to put your house on the market for sale or not. Even if you do not plan to sell the property in the near future, you can make it more comfortable and safer.
- Remodel the kitchen: A lot of people consider the kitchen to be the heart of a home. It is because of this reason that the updates will pay off. If you remodel the kitchen, you can expect to recover about 60% of the investment in the kitchen as long as you do not go overboard.
- Add a bathroom: If you have a home with a single bathroom, you can recover a large part of your investment by simply adding another bathroom. No matter what you spend on the bathroom, you will be able to recover about 80% of the cost. Look for underutilized areas to find extra space for a bathroom in the house. Consider whether you want a half bath or a full bath and look for the particular space. The cost of the bathroom will depend on the type of additions you want to use.
- Reinvent a room: Adding a room in your house can be costly. You can recover a significant amount of the cost when you sell the house but you might be restricted in terms of space. This is why it helps to reinvent a room. The cost of the project will be within your budget and you will be able to recover 50% of the cost. You simply need to reinvent the existing space in your house without going overboard. The easiest way to do this is to convert an attic into a bedroom or convert the garage into a storeroom. If you want to sell your house, this website will ensure you get the best rates for the same.
- Add energy efficient windows: With growing awareness about the consumption of energy, buyers are looking for homes that have energy efficient windows. Single pane windows are no longer preferred or found to be attractive. You can recover about 60% of the total cost when you invest in an energy efficient window.
- Make basic updates: If you do not have a lot of time and have a budget to stick to, there are a number of basic updates that can help you increase the value of your home. Repaint the house, fix the leakages, replace the taps and get rid of any mold. These chores will ensure that your home does not deteriorate over time and will attract buyers.
Buyers are always looking for a solid and safe home which is why they look for signs of routine maintenance. You can get a high value for your house if you keep it in tip-top shape.