How to fight ageing? A question that has been asked by almost everyone for centuries. Perhaps finding a solution and attempts made to combat and reduce the effects of ageing can be dated back to mankind itself. Whilst there isn’t any magical formula, but incorporating certain foods in the diet can help fighting the signs of ageing.
With growing age comes experience and wisdom, but it is not all that we all want. We look for stronger body, youthful vigor and vitality along with experience and wisdom. Among the many the most unpleasant signs that we are ageing are wrinkles, blemishes, weaker joints, grey hairs, weaker immunity and shrinking skin texture are among the many.
Well perhaps there are a lot of good skin care products and remedial solutions to fight ageing, focuses on supplements and certain foods that works best in stopping the signs of ageing and are best for human health. Also called sometimes as super foods because of powerful qualities, lets learn in depth about these foods;
- Green Tea: high in anti-oxidants helps fight and protect against free radicals. The anti-oxidants fight against these free radicals and stops them from causing damage to the body. The benefits of green tea has been used since centuries for medical purposes to fight diabetes, inflammatory and heart diseases and insulin resistance. Polyphenols in green tea helps protect collagen, the main protein in the skin, thereby, reducing and even reversing the signs of ageing skins.
- Nuts and Seeds: adding nuts to our regular diet helps prevent chronic diseases like cancer, cognitive decline and cardiovascular diseases. The monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats present in nuts have been associated with the prevention of diabetes and reduction in heart ailments. Chestnuts and walnuts in that way are very effective.
On the other hand seeds like flaxseed, have lignans, which lowers blood cholesterol, reduces blood sugar and insulin levels and also helps in decreasing the risk of breast and prostate cancers.
- Vegetables: are nutrient rich and low in calories. It also contains anti-oxidants that fights risks of heart ailments, cancers and cataracts. Certain vegetables like the carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkins have beta carotenes, a type of carotenoid, which has the ability to fight skin damages due to sun radiation and free radicles and stops the ageing of skin. Vegetables like leafy greens, bell peppers, tomatoes and broccoli contains vitamin C, much required for the production of collagen and have strong anti-oxidant capabilities.
- Turmeric: has been used since ages and by Ayurveda as an anti-aging and skin-lightening agent. The presence of curcumin in turmeric helps against aging of the brain, joints and other neurodegenerative conditions.
- Supplements: You can’t always get all of the vitamins and nutrients you need from food. You might need to consider alternatives to help with your health, and even reduce any aches or pains. You could consider using Collegen that contains proteins to help skin structure. Vitamin C is an antioxidant which will help the immune system and support any inflammation. You might even want to look at something that has an ‘all in one’ feel, by looking at Bio Complete 3 reviews which will help you consume all the nutrients you might need.
The benefits of anti-ageing foods:
- Protects and restores vision.
- Helps maintaining healthy and glowing skin.
- Provides support to cognitive functions.
- Aids health of bones and teeth.
- Lowers risk due to heart disease.
- Enhances health of gut.
It can be concluded by saying that whatever we need is present in the foods that we eat and the choices we make. By being conscious of what we put in your bodies, paying attention to how you feel whether stressed or fatigued, and considering what is truly good for us, we can dramatically change the way we look and feel.
Dietician and Founder Member – Diet Clinic
Master’s Degree – Food and Nutrition
Practicing since 2006 as a registered dietician under IDA, Sheela Seharawat is the founding member of Diet Clinic, operating around 35 outlets successfully all over the country.
A motivational speaker, an expert dietician and a strong believer of healthy and motivated living, she has transformed the lives of many through her breakthrough diets and inspiration on living a healthy life. Another feather is added to the name of Diet Clinic Health Care as the esteemed magazine and organization “Silicon India Start Up City” has recognized and awarded “Diet Clinic” in their annual listing of “10 Best Startups in Fitness, 2017”.
She started her career in the Indian Army hospital as a dietitian and her journey in health and fitness starts from here and still she is serving the people and believe to offer the best guidance on health and wellness.
Sheela always says – ‘Let Your Diet Work for You’. She aims to spread the message of wellness and the art of dieting through her clinics across various parts of the globe. Ms. Sheela Seharawat dedication work towards spreading healthy lifestyle awareness among the mass is commendable and she keeps on providing relentless services to fitness and health relevantly.