Do you often wonder what successful people do that makes them stand out?
Have you ever wished you could switch on a light bulb that would make all your dreams come true?
How about wishing you had superpowers that would empower you to smash your goals and tick off all your important tasks?
I have had those thoughts too?
Alas! Life doesn’t work that way! The reality is simple. Most of your goals and dreams can actually be accomplished if only you’re willing and able to put in the work consistently.
8 things successful people do, that you should start doing too!
1. Time management: time management is really life management. successful, happy, prosperous people use their time far, far better than the average person.
2. Mentorship: I could change my life and achieve almost any goal I could set if I just found out what others were doing in that area and then did it myself until I got the same results they were getting.
3. Action-orientation: Successful, effective people are those who launch directly into their major tasks and then discipline themselves to work steadily and single-mindedly until those tasks are complete.
4. Plan and Execute: failure to execute is one of the biggest problems in organizations today. Many people confuse activity with accomplishment. They talk continually, hold endless meetings, and make wonderful plans, but in the final analysis, no one does the job and gets the results required.
5. Decision, Discipline, and Determination.
First, make a decision to develop the habit of task completion. Second, discipline yourself to practice the principles you are about to learn over and over until they become automatic. And third, back everything you do with determination until the habit is locked in and becomes a permanent part of your personality.
6. Clarity : this perhaps the most important concept in personal productivity. The number one reason why some people get more work done faster is that they are absolutely clear about their goals and objectives, and they don’t deviate from them.
7.Delay gratification: Successful people are those who are willing to delay gratification and make sacrifices in the short term so that they can enjoy far greater rewards in the long term.
8. Intentional growth: for example, coming into work earlier, reading regularly in your field, taking courses to improve your skills, and focusing on high-value tasks in your work will all combine to have an enormous positive impact on your future.
Excerpts from Eat your frog by Brian Tracy
What are your thoughts, do you with these?