Do you find it hard to stand up for what you believe in? We all feel this way sometimes! Too afraid to speak up, too many times! Just so that we don’t hurt people’s feelings. Standing for what you believe in can be hard sometimes, but the truth is, if You want people to give you your due respect and if you want to enjoy your right and benefits, then you must develop the courage to stand up for what you believe in.
But here’s the Truth, it’s ok to stand up for yourself,
It’s perfectly fine to stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone, because if it’s to be, it’s up to you.
In the same breath, there’s nothing, absolutely nothing wrong in standing up for others, for love and for the Truth. You need to remind yourself of these things every day.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. You can stand up for what you believe in without violating the right of others. There has to be an unwillingness to give up our beliefs.
if you stand for nothing you would fall for anything. Obviously!! There comes a time in everyone’s life where you have to take a stand, Stand up for the Truth, stand up and fight for what you believe in.
Standing for what you believe in
1. Not caring what others think, is the best choice you will ever make”.- Curiano.com
2. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe in no matter whose ox is gored”
3. Speak boldly and with intellect, never hush your voice for someone’s comfort. Speak your mind, make people uncomfortable”
4. We all place ourselves in danger to one degree or another when we stand, but we place our children and grandchildren in Even greater danger when we don’t” Stormcloudsgathering
Read also>>> short inspirational quotes
5. Feel free to stand up for what you believe in. Never let what others might say turn you into a coward who stands for nothing. People’s beliefs will differ, do not betray yours out of fear of opinion. Be polite while making your stance” Toni Payne
6. If they were really strong they wouldn’t yell, They would reassure. If they were really strong they wouldn’t put you down, They would lift you up. Maybe you are the one who is really strong. Maybe they just want to hold you back. Maybe it’s time to stand up for yourself” Bryant McGill
7.You have two Choices, you can keep running and hiding and blaming the world for your problems or you can stand up for yourself and decide to be somebody important” Sidney Sheldon
8. Courage is what it takes to stand and speak, courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen” Winston Churchill
9. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, define yourself” Robert Frost
10. Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else”
11. You must stand for something, you can’t be everything to everyone. Define your values, live by them. Surround yourself with others who will honor them. Let the rest go” @debra11
12. Stand up for what you believe in, Even if it means standing alone”
13. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends” J.k Rowling
Stand up for what you believe in quotes
14. The world surfers a lot because of the silence of good people”
15. I will not stay silent, so that you can stay comfortable”
16. Strong people stand up for themselves but stronger people stand up for others” Extramadness.com
17. To ignore evil, is to become an accomplice to it” MLK
18. If you aren’t actively standing up for what is right, you’re part of the problem” Daffencohen.com
19. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter” MLK
20.Do what you feel in your heart to be right for you’ll be criticized anyway”. Eleanor Roosevelt
21. If you strongly believe in something, don’t be afraid to fight for it”
22. Get up. Stand up. Stand up for your rights. Get up. Stand up. Don’t give up the fight” Bob Marley
Stand up for yourself quotes
23. I not only have The right to stand up for myself but I have the responsibility. I can’t ask any body else to Stand up for me, if I won’t stand up for myself and once you stand up for yourself you would be surprised that people say “can I be of help”? Maya Angelou
24. You teach people how to treat you, by what you allow, what you stop and what you reinforce” Tony gaskins
25. I am not afraid of my Truth anymore and I will not omit pieces of me to make you comfortable”
26. I will not stay silent, so that you can stay comfortable”
27. Speak your mind even if your voice shakes”
28. Stand up and face your fears, or they will defeat you” LL cool j
29. When you feel powerful, you are willing to stand up for your rights, you are willing to stand up for what you believe in, you are willing to stand up and be counted”Margaret Cho
Quotes about not giving up on what you believe in
29. How many times have you been Faced with the overwhelming temptation to just give up and throw in the towel? Too many to count, I presume. Holding on to what you being is no Walk in the park, here are a few reminders to
30. It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop”
31. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about”
32. Life has 2 rules
1. Never give up
2. Always remember rule no 1″
33. Quitting is not an option”
34. You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it”
35. If you give up, it means you never wanted it to be”
36. Winners are not people who never fail but people who never quit”
37. Before you give up think of the reason why you held on for so long.
38. It takes a lot of courage to push through hard times, Never give up good things are coming your way.
39. I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work” Thomas Edison
40. Never give up because great things take time”
41. I want to inspire people, I want people to say” because of you, I didn’t give up”
42. Work hard, dream big, never give up”
43. Life is Like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving” Albert Einstein
44. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”.
45. God has a purpose for your pain
A reason for your struggle and
A gift for your faithfulness
Don’t give up”
46. Anyone can give up,it’s the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength” Anonymous
47. You are allowed to scream
You are allowed to cry
But do not give up”
48. I am thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled on my strength”.
49. Theres a time to be nice, and a time to stand your ground
50. Sometimes people try to destroy you, precisely because they recognize your power. Not because they don’t see it, but because they see it and they don’t want it to exist.
51. Don’t let anyone ever break your soul. You have to stand on your own two feet and stand up for yourself. There are those that would give anything to see you fail, but you must never give them the satisfaction. Hold your head up high, smile and stand your own ground.
52. If standing for yourself burns a bridge, I have matches, we ride at dawn.
53. The only people that get upset when you set boundaries are those who benefitted from you having none.
54. You don’t loose real friends, real opportunities or real relationships when you start standing for yourself and setting clear boundaries. You lose abusers manipulators, narcissists, attention seekers, and mental health destroying leeches.
55. What you allow is what will continue.
56. Take a stand for yourself and refuse to let people steal your joy.
57. Stand up for yourself, never give anyone permission to abuse you.
58. Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
59. Sometimes standing for yourself can be as simple as walking away from a situation that does not support or honor your self-worth.
60.Anything you loose when you stand up for yourself and set boundaries was never meant to stay.
61. Standing up for yourself doesn’t make you argumentative, sharing your feelings doesn’t make you oversensitive, and saying no doesn’t make you uncaring or selfish. If someone wont respect your needs, feelings and boundaries the problem isn’t you, its them.
62. When you stand up for yourself and become visible narcissists will try to gaslight you into believing you’re the problem. Don’t fall for it. They are deeply disturbed individuals and believe everyone should operate in ways which make them comfortable. Let them be uncomfortable and alone in their paranoia, envy need to micromanage and control others who threaten them. You, set your boundaries and continue slaying. Shahida Arabi
63. A narcissist think they have the right to mistreat and hurt you, but you don’t have the right to react and stan up for yourself. They are allowed to criticize, voice all their opinions, be rude, cruel and insensitive, but how dare you point out their bad behavior or say something back to them. Their behaviors suddenly become all your fault and you are crazy a drama queen and a horrible person for yourself and not accepting and tolerating their crap. They never blame themselves or see their own horrific behavior.
64. Every time you stand up for yourself, you are healing the wound for all the women in your lineage who were silenced. Elizabeth Su
65. I am fire, if you want something salty and sweet with no opinion, I’m not the one for you. I spit flames, often. Janne Robinson
66. Anything you lose when you stand up for yourself, protect your boundaries and begin to grow, was not meant to stay.
67. If you’re not being treated with love and respect, check your price tag. Perhaps you have marked yourself down. Its you who tell people what you’re really worth by what you accept. Get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass where they keep all the valuables. That’s where you belong.
68. Wanna know what offends toxic people? You standing up for yourself.
69. You can forgive someone and yet not have anything to do with them, people need to understand that forgiveness is for past reconciliation and not for future consideration.
70.The first place we lose the battle is in our own thinking. If you think its permanent then its permanent, if you think you’ve reached your limits then you have, if you think you’ll never get well then you won’t. You have to change your thinking, you have to see everything that is holding you back, every obstacle, every limitation as only temporary.
71. The more chances you give someone, the less respect they would start to have for you. They would begin to ignore the standards that you’ve set, because they know another chance will always be given. They are not afraid to lose you because they know that no matter what you won’t walk away. They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable with disrespecting you.
72. Take a stand for yourself and refuse to let people steal your joy.
73. Stop being a pushover, stand up for yourself.
74. Being able to admit you’re wrong is important, but so is standing up for yourself when you’re right.
75.If you don’t stand up for yourself who will.
76. You may have to fight a battle more once to win it.
77. There’s never a bad time to stand up for yourself.
78. Your silence will not protect you.
79. Embrace your inner resistance, and let others become accountable for themselves.
80. Pay attention when people react with anger and hostility to your boundaries. You have found the edge where their respect for you ends.
81. Being a Christian doesn’t mean being a doormat, Jesus had no problem correcting, coaching and setting boundaries with people. Leon Fontane
82. I would rather adjust my life to your absence, than adjust my boundaries to accommodate your disrespect.
83. When you modify, you are literally and figurately standing up for yourself; you’re building the muscle of looking inside and asking for what you need right.
84. Learn to stand up for yourself, it’s not every time that silence is golden.
85. You don’t have to accept the things that you’re not ok with.
86. Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.
87. You’ll never change the world, if you’re worried about being liked.
88. Stand up for your right, regardless of who is committing the wrong
89.Always stand up for yourself. Don’t take bullshit from anyone. No one in this world is more important than you.
90. You are not responsible for how your set boundaries are received.
91. Be brave, don’t settle, say how you feel. Find your passion. Find your passion be true to yourself, leave the job you hate. Stand up for the things that matter, don’t apologize for who you are. Love with every ounce of your bones.
92. A strong woman stands up for herself, a stronger woman stands up for everyone else.
93. Don’t let people walk all over you. Sometimes when you’re too nice, you always give and give and give. You might not know if you’re being taken advantage of or if you’re being used. Learn how to say no, be kind but stand up for yourself and never let anyone walk all over you.
94. Only people who are not happy in themselves are mean to others. Remember that!
95. In a world that demands you to obey wrong rules; being rebellious is right.
96. When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticisms and misguided opinions, walking away is the best way to stand up for yourself. To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude.
97. Become so confident in who you are that no one’s opinion, rejection or behavior can rock you.
98. You never look good trying to make others look bad
Standing up for yourself does not make you a hard headed person or a troublesome person. Rather it helps you live above subjugation and intimidation. I hope this helps you come out of any experience that has been holding down and trampling on your rights. Kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below.
There was a time I used to collect quotes. You’ve inspired me to possibly start again. I especially like this one, “Speak boldly and with intellect, never hush your voice for someone’s comfort. Speak your mind, make people uncomfortable”
“Stand up for what you believe in, Even if it means standing alone”. This one os one of my favorites. I come from a small family and town. I learned quickly to stand up for what I believe in.
Tanks for these quotes. I picked out several to use today.
These are amazing! I will save these for moments when I waver.
These are great quotes! I feel like it was hard to stand up for myself until I had children, then I felt like it was a must to stand up for myself, my family and children!
Sometimes we need affirmations to push through. Great list of quotes to motivate people when they need to stand up stronger.
Thanks for sharing..
‘If you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything.’
Thanks for sharing.
Great blog. Thanks for posting.