Let’s face it: as exciting and fantastic as planning a wedding can be, being able to escape on a romantic honeymoon adventure is the icing on the wedding cake. Often a rare opportunity to indulge in the opulence of intimate travel, honeymooners typically set their sights on locations they’ve always wanted to visit. For many, London, England is that dream destination.
While renting a hotel room for your romantic honeymoon may seem like the common thing to do, consider renting out a private flat in the heart of London to truly make your romantic getaway as special and memorable as possible. Not only will you be able to unwind with ample space and privacy, but you’ll also be able to experience London like a local. Companies like London Connection have unique, fully furnished apartments located throughout the greater London area. Combined with the convenience and consistency of a hotel, local vacation apartment rentals offer all the privacy, ambiance, and furnishings of home.
Whether you and your significant other dream of touring iconic locations like Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and Hyde Park, or are eager to explore the restaurants, cafes, museums, and other romantic corners of London, London Connection has the perfectly located property for you. Below are three insider tips for making your London anniversary truly unforgettable.
Picking Your Travel Time
If weather is one of your biggest honeymoon concerns, plan your visit from June through September. However, if you’re trying to stay on a budget, consider traveling from January through March, as crowds tend to be smaller and airfare and hotel prices are cheaper. Keep in mind, too, that – like the U.S. – London’s weather is substantially warmer in the summer months as opposed to the winter months, so pack accordingly.
Make a Plan
While having an open itinerary is one of the perks of honeymooning, it’s advisable to have at least a general idea of what you want to see, do, and accomplish during your time in London. As cliché as it sounds, consider starting your adventure with a ride through the city on a double decker bus. Not only does this help you get your bearings, but it can also pose as a good opportunity to see parts of the city you might not have considered visiting. Supplement your itinerary with other recommended activities like:
- Having a modern-day high tea party
- Wander the stalls of the Borough Market
- Learn about London’s legendary Churchill icon at the Churchill War Rooms and Churchill Museum
- See the city from one of the most romantic viewpoints by renting a private pod on the London Eye. Bring a bottle of champagne and celebrate your marriage in an unforgettable way.
- Don’t leave the city without spending a night at the theater in London’s notorious theater district.
- Check out the Changing of the Guard at the Buckingham Palace
- Carve some time out for shopping at Harrod’s. Regardless of your spending abilities, exploring this epic shopping center is a must.
- Take a day trip to Stonehenge and be wowed by one of the most famous monuments and world-heritage sites on earth.
Get your grub on
What’s a romantic honeymoon without delectable delights? With thousands of eateries sprinkled throughout the city, finding a place to grab a bite is a breeze. However, if you want to truly take advantage of the city’s exquisite culinary scene, make sure these hot spots are on the top of your list:
- Clos Maggiore for unbelievable English and French fare
- Hakkasan for remarkable Asian cuisine
- Wabi London for Japanese staples
- Circus for top-notch entertainment and pan-Asian cuisine
- La Bodega Negra for trendy, Spanish dishes
With a honeymoon to London, you kick off your marriage with adventure, romance, and unparalleled excitement.
Read also >> invest in your conservatory